All of our vehicles are made gravel-road ready with the following features:
- CB Radio - A CB radio provides a means of communication with other vehicles on the road. This communication is a key element of safety on the Dalton Highway.
- Tire Changing Equipment - Contains a jack, lug wrench and wooden block.
- Maintenance Kit - Contains basic tools and jumper cables.
- First Aid Kit
- 2 Spare Tires (1 full-size)
Winter Rentals are given the following additional supplies:
- Satellite Phone - for emergency use only, surcharge will apply
- Warmth Kit - emergency sleeping bag
- Studded Tires - all tires on the vehicle are studded for better traction
- Engine Block Heater and Extension Cord - to ensure the vehicle will start at temperatures below 0
OFF-PEAK DATES: October 1 - April 31, 2017
Daily rates will vary by number of days (rentals are by the calendar day, NOT by 24 hour periods):
Vehicle Type: Ford Escape
$229 / day
$199 / day
$189 / day
$179 / day
Rates do not include excess mileage and current taxes: Taxes currently 20%.
All vehicle rentals come with 250 miles per day. Additional mileage is $0.35 per mile.
Note: One-day rentals to the Arctic Circle may not be available in the winter due to lack of fuel in the region.
- Driver must be at minimum 30 years of age
- Driver must posses a valid U.S. or International Driver's License
- Driver must carry his or her own insurance and provide name of insurance provider.
- Maximum # of people per vehicle: 5
For those without their own insurance to cover the rental vehicle or for those not covered by their current insurance, a Collision Damage Waiver can be purchased from an outside agency. Most (if not all) of these agencies require that insurance be purchased at least 24 hours in advance from when the insurance is needed, so please be sure to take the time to work out insurance details before picking up your rental vehicle.
For residents of the US or Canada, we advise using insuremyrentalcar.com
Renters are required to have their own insurance to cover any damage to the vehicle.